Business name: Shy Enterprises, LLC.
Business phone number : 703.774.7895 (cell)
Website URL: www.overcomingocd.net
We take your privacy seriously and will take all measures to protect your personal identifying information, mental/physical health, and payment information (collectively, “personal information” from disclosure. Any personal information received will only be used to provide you services. We will not redistribute your personal information to anyone without your express written permission (including letter or email) unless we have reason to believe you pose a threat to yourself or others.
THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS ON SERVICES RENDERED OR A CANCELLED APPOINTMENT WHERE THE CANCELLATION OCCURS WITHIN TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOURS OF THE SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT.
- Assist peers (and family members and friends) who struggle with OCD, by sharing my lived experiences and providing motivation to enhance recovery and long-term sustainability. During pre-inpatient or pre-outpatient treatment, outpatient treatment; and post-inpatient or outpatient treatment:
- Complement and augment the clinician’s treatment by assisting the peer in the implementation of his or her treatment protocols;
- Assist the peer (and others associated with the peer) focus on recovery and sustainability;
- Provide hope that it is possible to recover, to gain control of his or her life, and move forward to live life in a direction he or she wants to go;
- Provide insight into recovery skills to assist the peer to move beyond the disabling power of mental illness;
- Assist the peer and others associated with the peer to change beliefs that inhibit recovery;
- Serve, upon request, as a bridge between the treatment provider and the peer by promoting understanding between the two;
- Assist the peer to set and achieve goals that will move the peer’s life in the direction he or she wants it to go;
- Advocate for the peer as appropriate;
- Assist the peer take responsibility for his or her own decisions;
- Assist the peer in problem solving;
- Assist in identifying the peer’s strengths and needs in terms of resources;
- Assist the peer in transforming from negative self-talk to positive self-talk and rebuilding a positive self-image.
Appointment Times: (Appointments offered in 15, 30 and 60 minute segments by telephone or skype, or in person for 60 minutes in the DC metro area).
- Monday through Thursday: Evenings only
- Saturday and Sunday: Afternoons, by appointment
Rates: Self-Pay. Not taking insurance at this time.
- 15 Minutes: $25.00 (phone/Skype)
- 30 Minutes: $45.00 (phone/Skype)
- 60 Minutes: $75.00 (phone/Skype) – $85.00 (In person DC Metro area only)